SmallTextPad is a Simple Java Text Editor and 100% FREE Application, it was written in Java and therefore requires a minimum of JRE 1.7 installed on your System unless you installed snap or flatpak, SmallTextPad has several features already and is still being developed in my spare time.
* Open, Close, Edit, Save & print (txt) and (java) format files!
* Main menu, floating menu & right click menu
* Allows you to encrypt and decrypt your (text) files
* Provides a full history of what was opened, saved, encrypted or decrypted.
SmallTextPad – License
SmallTextPad is under The MIT License “Agreement”
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the “SmallTextPad”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
3rd Party – License
* Icons made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com is licensed by CC BY 3.0
* Eclipse and Eclipse Luna are trademarks of the Eclipse Foundation, Inc.
* Java is a trademark or registered trademark of Oracle and/or its affiliates.
* Any other names may be trademarks of their respective owners!
SmallTextPad – Change Log
– BETA Implemented encryption / decryption but still testing
– Sun 29 Jul 09:34:35 BST 2018
– Implemented History and support for Java filea
– Sun 22 Jul 08:38:38 BST 2018
– Implemented passing file as argument to SmallTextPad
– Fri 13 Jul 17:17:41 BST 2018
– Fixed issue with saving file without extension
– Sat 14 Apr 22:01:34 BST 2018
– Included floating menu bar, Right-click menu, keyStroke Shortcuts
– Sat 10 Feb 23:28:51 GMT 2018
– Updated config to lanch browser using xdg-open when in snap container
– Thu 3 Aug 13:40:19 BST 2017
– Repackaged for Ubuntu 16.04.
– Tue 10 Jan 19:51:36 GMT 2017
– Fixed BUG introduced in 1.0.6 file not saving.
– Thu Dec 24 19:16:44 GMT 2015
– File Name in Title & include file rather than save AS
– Fri Dec 18 11:40:52 GMT 2015
– Introduced Windows exe package for windows
– Sat Nov 28 16:55:15 GMT 2015
– Added printing facility
– Wed Nov 25 23:17:44 GMT 2015
– Fixed Text and word Wrap(JScrollPane)
– Sun Nov 22 10:07:17 GMT 2015
– Added “New” Icon
– Fri Nov 20 17:20:26 GMT 2015
– Initial Build
– Thu Nov 19 22:48:09 GMT 2015
Ricardo Wagemaker (2010 – 2018) – Under The MIT License Agreement (MIT)